and the Glory
SCIENTIST SERIES – ULTRA MACHINE WATT
Even more subtle. Even more transparent. With an even bigger soundstage and a force beyond equal. WATT makes another quantum leap from the celebrated performance of our audiophile amplifier SAM onto another level. Whoever wants the penultimate in a single machine – WATT’s your choice. From this day on.
Special features WATT
- Massive aluminium body and resonance-optimized fixation with invisible screws.
- Magnetically and capactively optimized circuit and device design, shortest signal paths.
- Double-mono design for maximum channel separation.
- Electronic volume control with high audio grade components.
- Non-disengageable DC servo, no sound degrading capacitors or coils in the signal path.
- ULA technology (Ultra Linear Amplifier).
- Separated power supply for control and analog sections.
- Two separated power supplies for driver stage and power stage of amplifiers.
- One encapsulated 50 VA toroid transformer with separated windings for input and driver stage.
- Two encapsulated 700 VA toroid transformers for the power stage.
- Total capacitance more than 200.000 µF.
- Consequent double-mono design of phono module for MM and MC pickups, setup by user menu.
- Internal wiring with gold-doped pure silver cables.
- Rhodium speaker terminals by Furutech.
- Rhodium fuse.
- By-pass mode for integration into home cinema systems.
- Microprocessor with separate power supply – controls and monitors all functions and informs the user via dimmable display.
- 2 Audionet Link outputs to control further Audionet devices remotely.
- Switchable headphones output driven by power stage.
- Audionet metal remote control RC 1.
Analog integrated stereo amplifier.
- Double mono setup of input, volume control and power amplifier section as well as power supply.
- Separate power supply for digital and analog sections.
- Non-disengageable DC servo, no capacitors in the signal path.
- By-Pass function (e.g. for integration into home cinema systems).
- Audionet Link output for remote control of other Audionet components.
- Switchable headphones output.
- Audionet Metal Remote Control RC 1 included.
In- and Outputs
|Inputs:||3 pairs RCA line, gold plated, Teflon insulted
1 pair XLR balanced, gold plated (Neutrik)
|Outputs:||2 pair Furutech 4 mm-jacks, Rhodium
1 pair RCA, gold-plated, Teflon insulated (Pre Out)
2 Audionet Link, optical (Toslink)
1 headphones socket (6.3 mm, stereo)
|Output power:||2 x 167 W into 8 Ω
2 x 284 W into 4 Ω
2 x 443 W into 2 Ω
|Frequency response:||0.3 – 650,000 Hz (-3 dB)|
|Damping factor:||typ. 1,000 at 100 Hz|
|Harmonic distortion:||k2 typ. -101 dB,
k3 typ. -107 dB,
@1 kHz, 25 W / 4 Ω
|THD + N:||< -98 dB @1 kHz, 100 W / 4 Ω|
|SNR:||> 106 dB (A-weighted)|
|Channel separation:||> 103 dB @ 1 kHz|
|Filtering capacitance:||200,000 µF|
|Input impedance:||Line input 50 kΩ
XLR input 7 kΩ
|Power consumption:||< 1 W Stand by, typ. 900 W|
|Mains:||220..240 V or 110..120 V, 50..60 Hz|
|Dimensions:||Width 430 mm
Height 130 mm
Depth 450 mm
|Front:||Brushed aluminium, 12 mm, C-32 (light bronze) anodized, text and icons engraved|
|Cover:||Brushed aluminium, 6 mm, C-32 (light bronze) anodized|
|Plates:||Brushed aluminium, 12 mm, C-32 (light bronze) anodized|
|Chassis:||Brushed aluminium, C-32 (light bronze) anodized, white printing|
hifi & records
“WATT delivers a forthrightness and power in music reproduction, that I have never heard before. … It does not only amplify the music but brings it to a sound alive, absolutely truthfully and emotional. WATT is painting any instruments in hardly believable tone colours. And it does add a spatial volume and grip, which I have so far only heard by huge pre-/power amplifier combinations. The delightful way it is performing playbacks is characterised not by pressing the sound into the speakers, but by delivering it with an organic lightness, which most other powerful amplifiers are not able to perform at all. … True-to-life and realistic does describe the WATTs sound characteristics very well.”